The Muscogee County Democrats have a very limited number of Biden yard signs but we have ordered 200 more! As SOON as I know when they will arrive, I will send an email and post on Facebook about how we’ll distribute them. It will most likely be a “drive thru” event where we can see your beautiful Democratic faces and deliver your yard signs all at a safe distance. They should arrive by the end of this coming week so keep your eye out! Thanks for your patience!
MCDC Meet & Greet with Ed Tarver
This is a Zoom meeting event, so you must register using this link in order to attend:
Ed Tarver is a Democrat running for the US Senate seat that Kelly Loeffler currently holds. This is the “jungle primary” you’ve heard about where all the Democrats and Republicans are running against each other without a normal primary. We invite you to attend this event Tuesday and bring your questions for Ed! Until then here’s a little bit of info about Mr. Tarver:
Ed Tarver is an experienced, committed and trusted leader with an exemplary record of public service. Ed actively served the local and state community before elective and appointive office. He was Chairman of Easter Seals of East Georgia, Chairman of the Augusta Technical College Board of Directors, the first African American President and Chairman of the Board of the Leadership Georgia Foundation, an affiliate of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce. He also served as Chairman of the Metro Augusta Chamber of Commerce.
In 2009, he was appointed by President Barack Obama, becoming the first African American U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia. Ed served Georgians as a state legislator for three terms, championing bipartisan policies supporting veterans, consumers, and individuals with disabilities. He is a former U.S. Army Field Artillery Officer and an experienced attorney with unparalleled expertise in government relations, civil rights, and compliance. He is a graduate of Augusta University and the University of Georgia School of Law. A father of four, Ed resides in Augusta with his wife, Carol, a pediatrician.
GEORGIA POSTCARD PROJECT IS HERE IN COLUMBUS!
Want to get involved to contact fellow voters? Join us in the effort to contact Democrats across the state through the George Postcard Project (See https://www.gapostcard.org/). You can pick up a packet (or two or three) of postcards (and instructions) at 6461 Yellow Stone Drive, Columbus. Come join the fun and be a part of turning George BLUE!!!
HAVE YOU FILLED OUT YOUR CENSUS?
- Fair Count’s Virtual Bus Tour ends this week and we’ll be having a GA Day of Action Text Bank on Sept. 23rd from 2 – 4 pm to mark the end of the Bus Tour. RSVP below.
- The League of Women Voters are a state partner to Fair Count. We are co-hosting a text bank on the 28th and we’ll focus on 2020 Census completion. Sign up for this text bank and more volunteer opportunities below!
St. James CME Presents: YOUR VOTE MATTERS: REGISTER TO VOTE
St. James CME will provide voter registration, absentee ballot application, and 2020 Census submission assistance at 380 Northstar Drive in Columbus on Saturday September 26 10am-2pm. Photo ID is required!
Our own Val Almonord is running for Congress in the 3rd Congressional District! Many of us in Muscogee County are located in the 2nd Congressional District where Sanford Bishop is our Congressman. Val is running in the 3rd where Republican Drew Ferguson is the Congressman. BUT FERGUSON IS NOT OUR CONGRESSMAN. He is a pay-to-play kind of representative who does not represent us all.
As Georgians, we live in a beautiful state that has wondrous natural environments, strong business acumen, and, perhaps most importantly, citizens that care. It is the concern for our state that will push us into a future in which we will all thrive. The potential is there for all Georgians to live long, healthy, and prosperous lives, not just the wealthy, the connected, or the lucky. But there is still work to be done, issues that must be addressed to achieve this dream. In pursuant of this ideal, I am running to be the 3rd Congressional District Representative so that I can fight for what is best for our communities, our state, and our country.
For more information on Val’s platforms: https://almonordforcongress.com/issues/
VOLUNTEER FOR VAL!
Do you have an hour a week to make phone calls to voters in the 3rd CD? Sign up here and we’ll get you trained and ready! https://almonordforcongress.com/get-involved/
The Democratic Party of Georgia is your ONE STOP SHOP for volunteering and outreach opportunities! Feel free to explore their website (www.georgiademocrat.org) or click on the links below for more specific assignments!
- POLL WATCHERS NEEDED! As an officially-credentialed Poll Watcher, you’ll be the eyes and ears for the Democratic Party of Georgia’s (DPG) Voter Protection team inside or outside a priority polling location during early voting in October and/or on November 3, and the first line of defense against Republicans’ concerted attempts to suppress the vote in November. You’ll observe the entire voting process, report and track any issues at your polling location while working with DPG volunteer attorneys to make sure every eligible voter can cast their ballot. AND, since we’ll be pairing an inside observer with an outside observer at every priority polling location, we’d love it if you could recruit a partner to work with you at your assigned polling location on Election Day! If you’re interested in being a Muscogee County Poll Watcher, please email DPG’s Voter Protection County Coordinator, Pam Parker, at email@example.com ASAP!
- PHONE AND TEXT BANKING OPPORTUNITIES: https://www.georgiademocrat.org/events/
- UPDATES FROM THE LEGISLATIVE VICTORY FUND – TURNING THE GEORGIA HOUSE BLUE!
- CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF GEORGIA EMAILS – FULL OF GREAT INFORMATION AND OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP!
Carl was born and raised in Columbus Georgia and is a complete product of the Muscogee County School District. He is running on a myriad of issues facing Georgians and believes that everything this city has given will be given back with love. Carl is running to firstly extend financial aid to all Georgian’s affected by COVID-19 and then to expand Medicaid to make healthcare more affordable to all Georgians and helping rural hospitals stay open. He wants to also extend the state’s clean energy production through wind and solar and preserve the economic future of Georgians by raising minimum wage to $12 by 2024, fully funding state public schools, increasing the job sector to keep talent in Georgia.
Find out more at https://carlsprayberry.com/
SUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS TO THE BIDEN / HARRIS CAMPAIGN! – YOU MAY BE FEATURED!
Are you ready to help Joe and Kamala win in November? Are you ready to articulate your love for this ticket and why you stand with Team Biden/Harris? Well, we need you! We are asking supporters to use the following link to record videos on a number of topics that the campaign can use to create video products for Joe Biden & Kamala Harris! It’s very easy and fun and you get to see yourself on campaign videos! Use the link below to get started, and please share it with your online community.