FYI New Muscogee County Democratic Committee
U.S. District Judge Leslie Abrams Gardner has ruled in the case alleging voter registration issues in Muscogee County, Georgia. The previous temporary restraining order has been dissolved and allows the elections office to resume the process of using provisional ballots and adjudicating election challenges. Muscogee County has policies and procedures in place that allow voters to register and vote with ease and confidence, free of voter suppression and fears. Muscogee County will continue doing what we do. To my knowledge, since my appointment to the Board, we have never stopped a citizen from voting. The Board has not removed a single voter nor will a voter be removed because of this challenge.
Nancy Boren interprets and implements voter registration laws and guidelines. Issues, concerns, and complaints are addressed immediately and effectively. Nancy and her staff display exemplary service to the citizens of Muscogee County, Georgia!
This ruling was issued after Nancy Boren testified in court to explain the process to the judge about the four thousand citizen list that Alton Russell, GOP chair, and his gang came up with. I believe the Judge saw that Muscogee County was on point procedurally. We do not suppress anyone from voting and make every effort to make the voting process as easy as possible.
Linda Garrett Parker
- Member of the Election and Registration Board; Representative of Muscogee County Democratic Committee
- Former Elected School Board Member in Muscogee County, Georgia
- Chair of Deaconess Ministry at Greater Peace Baptist Church
- Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated
- 2019 Congressional Black Caucus Institute Bootcamp, Political Leadership Development Program Attendee in Washington, D.C.
- Proud Mother, Grandmother, and Great Grandmother
- Motto: If it’s broke, fix it.