Weekly Messaging & Social Media Guidance
MESSAGE OF THE WEEK:
1. In addition to revitalizing our state’s roads, bridges, and highways, President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law will deliver access to reliable and affordable high speed internet for all Georgians.
- The internet is necessary for folks to do their jobs, participate equally in school learning, access health care, and stay connected, yet too many Georgians live in areas where there is no broadband infrastructure that provides quality, fast, reliable internet – a particular problem in rural communities.
- President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will deliver at least $100 million to Georgia to help provide broadband coverage across the state and ensure every Georgian has access to reliable high-speed internet, including providing access to the at least 649,000 Georgians who currently lack it.
- The legislation will also help lower prices for internet service and help close the digital divide, so that more Georgians can afford internet access. 187,000 or 31% of people in Georgia will be eligible for the Affordability Connectivity Benefit, which will help low-income families afford internet access.
After years of all-talk and no action from Republicans in Washington and Georgia alike, the Biden-Harris administration, Senators Ossoff and Reverend Warnock, and Georgia Democrats are delivering much-needed investments in our infrastructure – despite unanimous GOP opposition.
2. With the House passage of the Build Back Better Act, President Biden and Georgia’s House Democrats are delivering on a transformative and overwhelmingly popular investment in Georgia workers and families.
- The Build Back Better Act will create millions of good-paying jobs, expand access to health care, lower costs, and cut taxes for millions of middle-class families across our state – all without raising taxes a single cent for middle-class Georgians.
- Because of Democratic leadership, childhood poverty will be cut in half, housing costs will be reduced, America will take a huge step toward addressing the climate crisis, families will be able to afford child care and have universal access to high-quality pre-k, and small businesses will have the resources they need to get through this pandemic and thrive.
- While Georgia Republicans go to bat for corporations and the ultra-wealthy, Democrats are moving forward with the Build Back Better Act to help everyday Georgians get back on track, reward work not wealth, and build a fair economy that works for everyone.
3. After Georgia Republicans passed rigged maps in an attempt to hold on to their dwindling power, Democrats will not stop fighting for the fair maps that Georgians deserve.
- Georgians asked for a transparent redistricting process and fair maps, and Republicans failed tremendously on both fronts by ramming through the legislature maps that do not reflect the Georgia of today.
- The maps pushed by Republicans this month are yet another part of the GOP’s disgraceful voter suppression campaign designed to silence millions of Georgians’ voices in order to cling on to power.
- Georgia is becoming more diverse and more evenly divided politically, but Republicans’ maps disproportionately advantage one political party and diminish the political power of people of color.
- Depriving Georgians of the ability to elect their candidates of choice is an egregious assault on our democracy, and it shows just how little Republicans care about Georgia voters.
EXAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS:
Internet access is essential for Georgians to do their jobs, participate equally in school learning, access health care, & stay connected.
President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law will deliver a minimum of $100 million to provide broadband coverage in Georgia. #gapol
The Build Back Better Act will create millions of good-paying jobs, expand access to health care, lower costs, & cut taxes for millions of Georgia families — all without raising taxes for the middle-class. President Biden & Georgia Democrats are delivering for our state. #gapol
3. FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30 ONLY
Today is election day for many local communities having runoffs! Head to https://bit.ly/gaeday2021 to make your plan to vote — and if you have any issues or questions, call the voter protection hotline: 888-730-5816. #gapol