Weekly Messaging & Social Media Guidance
MESSAGE OF THE WEEK:
1. President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will bring critical investments and a new generation of economic growth to Georgia.
- Georgians sent President Biden to the White House to bring people together and deliver historic progress for our state, and the final passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal shows that he is delivering on his promise.
- This extraordinary package will create thousands of good-paying union jobs, make a long-overdue investment in Georgia’s broadband, stimulate our economy, and revitalize our state’s roads, bridges, and transportation — leaving no community in Georgia behind.
- Thanks to the Biden-Harris administration, Senators Ossoff and Reverend Warnock, and Georgia House Democrats — and not a single Georgia Republican — millions of Georgia workers, small businesses, and families will see a new generation of economic growth and equity.
- Georgia can expect to receive $8.9 billion for roads, $225 million for bridges, $1.4 billion for public transportation, at least $100 million for broadband, and $135 million to support electric vehicles.
2. As the special session for redistricting continues this week in Georgia, Republicans are shamefully rushing a process that will impact Georgians for decades to come.
- It is disgraceful that Georgia Republicans are continuing to ram their redistricting proposals through the legislature. Senate Republicans plan to bring their map up for full Senate consideration less than a week after publicly releasing it, while House Republicans are still making last-minute changes to their map and not allowing the public sufficient time to review.
- If Republicans don’t slow down and address Georgians’ and nonpartisan experts’ numerous concerns about the fairness of their proposed maps, then this redistricting process will become nothing more than a sham.
- The eventual legislative maps will impact Georgians for the next decade, and elected officials must listen to the public and ensure we get it right.
Democrats will not stop fighting for fair maps that actually reflect Georgia’s diversity and partisan makeup.
3. From record economic growth to making vaccines available for kids, President Biden and Democrats continue to deliver for Georgians.
- Week after week, Georgia and America are bouncing back from the tolls of the pandemic thanks to President Biden’s economic plan. Last week, U.S. unemployment benefits fell by 14,000 claims — a new pandemic low — and last month, Georgia’s unemployment rate hit 3.2% — a 20-year low.
- Thanks to President Biden’s leadership, the United States reached a turning point in our battle against COVID-19 as the FDA authorized the emergency use of a safe, effective vaccine for children ages 5-11. This eagerly awaited authorization will mean reassurance for parents that their kids will have protection against the spread of coronavirus and help children stay safe in schools.
- Now, the Build Back Better framework is poised to make even more investments in families and the middle class. The framework will lower Georgians’ bills for health care, child care, prescription drugs, and preschool — all while cutting taxes for families.
EXAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS:
Georgians sent President Biden, VP Harris, Senators Ossoff and Reverend Warnock, and our House Delegation to Washington to bring people together and deliver bold progress for Georgia. With the historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal, they are delivering on that promise. #gapol
Georgia Republicans’ efforts to ram through their redistricting proposals are disgraceful. The public deserves to weigh in on this process, and Georgians deserve fair maps. #gapol https://bit.ly/3bShkCn
Week after week, Georgia and America are bouncing back thanks to President Biden’s economic plan. Last week, U.S. unemployment benefits fell by 14,000 claims — a new pandemic low — and last month, Georgia’s unemployment rate hit 3.2% — a 20-year low. #gapol